Accessing the Cardinal Portal, the Gateway to FIN/HCM/BI
The Cardinal Portal is the access point to the Cardinal Financials (FIN), Human Capital Management (HCM), and Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
Cardinal users can access all applications by visiting my.cardinal.virginia.gov.
If you are using Cardinal for the first time, please reference the resources below which correspond with your user classification:
FOR COV* USERS WITH AN AGENCY-PROVIDED EMAIL ADDRESS
Agencies within the Commonwealth of Virginia (COV*) network, whose users are managed through the VITA Active Directory domain, are considered COV agencies/users. If you are in this category, there is no need to register.
COV users with an agency-provided email address can use their COV credentials (email address and network password) to log into Cardinal.
For more information, please refer to Section 1 of the Cardinal System Access Guide.
ALL OTHER USERS
For the user types listed below, you must complete the one-time registration process before using Cardinal for the first time.
- Any employee using a personal email address to access Cardinal HCM
- Any Non-COV*** agency employee using an agency assigned business email address
- Any locality employee** using a locality assigned business email address
- Any Non-COV*** agency contractor
First time users in this category should refer to the Cardinal Registration Quick Start Guide.
Should you need more detailed information, please refer to Section 2 of the Cardinal System Access Guide.
* Access the complete list of Commonwealth of Virginia (COV) and Non-COV agencies to confirm your agency network.
** All localities are Non-COV.
*** Agencies outside the Commonwealth of Virginia (COV) network and users not managed by VITA (personal email address) are considered Non-COV agencies/users.